Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about score hit for new collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about score hit for new collection

My current TU score is 646 and Equifax is about the same. I have 2 medical collections, 1 paid in full medical judgment and 2 accounts in good standing. My Navient student loan has no late payments, and I also have a Fingerhut account I got to help rebuild my credit. I was just approved for a personal loan and will soon start payments on that. 

I have Comcast collections account about to hit TU. It's my own fault because I waited too late and they wanted payment in full to avoid reporting, which I didn't have at the time. I FINALLY have the money as of today, but they just reported yesterday. Talk about bad luck. If I knew I was going to have the money, I would have post dated a payment to avoid reporting, but I didn't know. The agency told me they do not do pay for deletions under any circumstances, but I can dispute it as paid and they may not respond...no guarantee. I paid it in full (as opposed to payments) because I want to turn cable back on and can't get a dish where I live. Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how many points I will lose? I read 60 somewhere and was devasted. Also, I called one of the medical collections and they agreed to a pay for deletion. So when that hits, I will still have the same number of negative accounts I started with thanks to this Comcast hit. Also, will I be able to mitigate the damage when I start making loan payments? And will the medical account coming off cancel the Comcast out? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about score hit for new collection

@Anonymous wrote:

My current TU score is 646 and Equifax is about the same. I have 2 medical collections, 1 paid in full medical judgment and 2 accounts in good standing. My Navient student loan has no late payments, and I also have a Fingerhut account I got to help rebuild my credit. I was just approved for a personal loan and will soon start payments on that. 

I have Comcast collections account about to hit TU. It's my own fault because I waited too late and they wanted payment in full to avoid reporting, which I didn't have at the time. I FINALLY have the money as of today, but they just reported yesterday. Talk about bad luck. If I knew I was going to have the money, I would have post dated a payment to avoid reporting, but I didn't know. The agency told me they do not do pay for deletions under any circumstances, but I can dispute it as paid and they may not respond...no guarantee. I paid it in full (as opposed to payments) because I want to turn cable back on and can't get a dish where I live. Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how many points I will lose? I read 60 somewhere and was devasted. Also, I called one of the medical collections and they agreed to a pay for deletion. So when that hits, I will still have the same number of negative accounts I started with thanks to this Comcast hit. Also, will I be able to mitigate the damage when I start making loan payments? And will the medical account coming off cancel the Comcast out? Thanks

No way to tell you how many points you already have collections on file I doubt it would approach 60 Fico points. CA exchange doesnt necessarily cancel out it depends on how long ago that medical CA reported if its current then it being removed would balance the Comcast collection coming on. For the judgment I would see about getting vacated on grounds its been paid (if it has been) in the court that granted it. Dont hear about too many people with actual medical judgments, pretty low IMO ofr them to have even sued.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.