Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about student loan late payment removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about student loan late payment removal

Long time lurker, first time poster! These boards have changed so many things around for me and I am so grateful. I have searched these boards for a similar question so that I wasn't asking for the same advice a million other people have, but haven't had much luck...I recently had success with Great Lakes agreeing to remove all 9 late payments from 2 years ago from all 3 agencies. It was submitted with their Nov 30th reporting according to their letter. These removals have yet to reflect on any of my reports at this point, and being the impatient and anxious person I am, it is driving me crazy. Is there any way to expedite the process with the credit bureaus so they may start reporting? Can I call and ask them to validate and report these changes? Or am I stuck just waiting and chewing all my fingernails off? These are the last of the negative major dings on my report and I want them gone asap! Any advice would be appreciated on how to speed up this reporting process! Thanks again!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about student loan late payment removal

Dispute with all 3 CRA's with a copy of the letter (my guess).

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The post states that they agreed to delete certain reporting.

Unless that agreement was also accompanied by an admission on their part that the reporting was inaccurate, then the deletion is totally voluntary.

There would be no basis for a dispute of the acccuracy of their reporting.

It is a grant of their good-will deletion,

You should contact the creditor regarding concerns over how promptly they report.

A dispute would not be appropriate, anc could even cause them to rescind their grant of good-will.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter does not place accountability on either side, just simply that a credit adjustment had been approved per executive review for all delinquencies reported. I definitely don't want to step on any toes or kill my good luck so I guess I'll just obssessively wait for fico alerts like a crazy person. Thanks for appeasing my urge to jump the gun on this!

Message 4 of 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Might just be a matter of delayed reporting?

I am not sure my student loan from Fed Loan Svc are actually reported monthly. Maybe it's every 3 months? Looking at my reports in CCT, I see that the last month reported was for October on EQ and TU. Not really sure what is going on with EX.

Experian:

Status Updated - 7/1/2015

Equifax:

Status Updated - 11/30/2015

TransUnion:

Status Updated - 11/30/2015

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.