Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about what gets Reported

tag
StaticRaven
Valued Member

Question about what gets Reported

Hi Guys,

This is in relation to another question on a different part of the forums (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Question-for-Everyone-Collections-and-USDA/td-p/32324... regarding a mortgage.

The question I have for you guys is, when does a item get reported to the CRA's? I JUST got a collection notice (literally 2 hours ago) and have already paid it off with the automated system. It was for $27.11, a utility (trash) that I forgot to pay at my old house when I moved out. The letter from the CA (Coast to Coast Financial Solutions) was dated 06/30/14. I called the trash company but they said I had to call Coast to Coast.

Since I paid it off already and it's for such a small amount, will it still get reported to the CRA's? I'm in the process of closing a USDA loan and I don't want to lose it because of a $27.11 bill I forgot to pay.

I'm going to call the CA tomorrow, but to settle my nerves I'm hoping one of you guys might know.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about what gets Reported

Ones who show after a mortgage app are typically not interested in reporting to stop your closing unless you dont pay, the scumbags always come out at this time since you have to pay to close. I would not bother paying any Zombies that may show, a Zombie is a debt that is past states SOL & has passed max time it can report on your CRs.

Message 2 of 4
StaticRaven
Valued Member

This isn't a zombie collection, I moved out of this house 6 months ago. The debt is valid. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They got their money, most likely they won't take the time or effort for anything else.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.