Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question before I pay the OCA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question before I pay the OCA

I called Aargon Collection Agency and she agreed to delete the information for me if I pay for it in full. When I asked her for this in writing she informed me that she cannot give it to me in writing upfront. I can pay an additional $5 and they can send a letter explaining this to me and they will delete the negative remarks.She also informed me since I disputed the itam previously, I will need to send an email stating this collection item is no longer being disputed before she can issue a letter.

My quesitons are:

1. Is that the process? I hate to dish all over $300+ and it is not completely deleted?

2. If I were to settle for a lesser amount and they agree, is it true that they have to delete the account and it will no longer show up?

I just want to know how I go about this. I do not mind paying them in full honestly. I just want them completely deleted off my CR.

*My friend told me I should of told them $150 and they would of had to delete it either way if they agreed to it. I was under the impression that it would have to be in full

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question before I pay the OCA

Some will not give you a letter up front or agree to it in writing. I would first contact the CRA and have them remove the dispute remarks then proceed with the PFD. Some will delete it with a settle amount over a full amount its just what the  of you can strike as a deal.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Payment of the debt, either in full or by agreed settlement for a lesser amount, discharges the debt, but is not basis for requiring deletion of their reported collection.

If fact, CRA policy expressly instructs furnishers not to delete reporting based on payment of the debt.

You have received incorrect advice regarding a requirement to delete based on settlement of a debt.

Message 3 of 4
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

@dfrancois3 

Any update on how this turned out? I'm dealing with them too :/ did they ever deleted? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.