Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Verification of Debt past SOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for Verification of Debt past SOL

OK some of you have been reading about my issue with BH.  ANyway, I have gotten the forms from BH and all that they have is the installation form and NO BILLS/STATEMENTS for the account that is with the collection agency.  I really don't believe this is a valid debt and such. Either way when I sent my first DV to the CA they sent me a letter and told me that they ONLY have a Printout from BH and NO bills/statements.  So what should I do?

I want to send the CA another DV and this time ask them to spcifically provide me with the copies of statements/bills OR should I send them a SOL letter telling them to delete it (ok asking them to delete)

Please I really need some advice ASAP

Thanks Again Everyone Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question for Verification of Debt past SOL

Be sure not to confuse SOL with CRTP. Is it beyond the 7-7.5 year CRTP? SOL is the time frame a creditor has to sue and that's 3-15 yrs depending on where you live and the debt type.

If not yet at the 7-7.5 years, and if you know for sure the debt isn't yours, especially after their printout, then I'd send another letter saying such and to ask for a detailed accounting of how they came up with $x. If they don't respond or you are 100% certain it isn't yours (but maybe did business with the OC in the past), then contact the BBB and your state's consumer protection-like department to get them to put some heat on the CA.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Advice

I got it all worked OUT Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK some of you have been reading about my issue with BH.  ANyway, I have gotten the forms from BH and all that they have is the installation form and NO BILLS/STATEMENTS for the account that is with the collection agency.  I really don't believe this is a valid debt and such. Either way when I sent my first DV to the CA they sent me a letter and told me that they ONLY have a Printout from BH and NO bills/statements.  So what should I do?

I want to send the CA another DV and this time ask them to spcifically provide me with the copies of statements/bills OR should I send them a SOL letter telling them to delete it (ok asking them to delete)

Please I really need some advice ASAP

Thanks Again Everyone Smiley Happy

Cas are under no obligation to provide statements.

All they are required to do is, after your timely made DV request, is confirm with the OC the amounts owed and provide that to you.  Under certain circumstances they need to provide a breakdown of the amount owed.  Putting this data in a letter to you on the CA's own letterhead is totally sufficient.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.