cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-Question from newbie- about GW letter, pls help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

-Question from newbie- about GW letter, pls help.

Hi guys, this is my 1st thread in this forum, currently my EQ score is 580 and hoping i can fix it over time by all ur help ^__^ Can i send a GW letter to account that being ChargeOff with some Late Payment? If i could, should i ask to remove the charge off status or to remove the Late payments??? (i paid them in full/settled btw) Can i also send a GW letter to my current auto lender for 2 of my late payment to be remove??? Thank you in advance for the tips and wish me luck!

Message Edited by kearney on 05-31-2008 11:43 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: -Question from newbie- about GW letter, pls help.

hello there!! i know you can send the gw to your auto loan place for the lates ... i have no idea about the other though.. gluck!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, can any1 else help me? and also how much is the PFD should be if i send it with the GW letter? thankss
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

kearney wrote:
Thanks, can any1 else help me? and also how much is the PFD should be if i send it with the GW letter? thankss

If the account is paid you wouldn't send PFD letter.

If the account is paid you can send GW letter and ask them to remove the negatives or to remove the account.

Depending on the age of the account and how long ago the negatives were, the account could be helping you, so asking for the complete removal may cause a drop in your score.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pheww..I just sent 4 GW letter to toyota auto (for 3late payments), CO paid chase cc (to delete the account on my CR), CO paid Cap1 cc (to delete the account on my cr, CO paid Providian cc (same) Please wish me luck on those items, it`ll help me alot significantly. And also, is it better to ask to delete the CO paid account or the Late payments on the CO paid account??? Thx my score as of June 1st 2008 = Ex 545/EQ 580/ TU 590
Message 5 of 6
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

hello...what does GW mean?
From what I read, are you saying that I can send a letter to past creditors asking if they will remove late payment marks against me?

Sorry I'm new too..but I don't have all the lingo down yet

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.