Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, not sure what to do.

tag
Jsthiel
New Visitor

Question, not sure what to do.

4 years ago my husband had a good job and we were paying off our credit cards, got two of them paid and closed. Then my husband lost his job and we had to let the other cards go. . We thought we saw it as a charge off several years ago. . Now after our second mortgage inquiry, it showed up at the top as a current debt and showing late payments for 4 years. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there even a few months ago. So what now? it looks like capital one maxed out the card with late charges (at leastt that is what it looks like) because my hubby thinks there was only a few thousand in charges now they are reporting over 20k! Now what?!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Question, not sure what to do.

There are companies who pay to be notified when you apply for a new car loan or for a new home loan. Also if you owe them money they can soft you and see who you had hard pull your credit.

I have had it happen to me.  They know the game and they know how to play it. They know you will need to pay off collections and the lates will hurt you when applying for a mortgage.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.