Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Amex Pay or let Stmt cut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Amex Pay or let Stmt cut

Good morning forum!!!

So I have a question....my Amex PRG has not shown up yet on the CRs.  I currently have a $600 balance I am ready to pay (the day I used it I had the money for the purchase and just used AMEX to show usage).  Last month I used it just under $500 and paid before the statement date.

Statement cuts next Tuesday ;   should I let the statement cut and show a balance then pay or should I go ahead and pay it now?  

I have some piddly balances that I let show this month and my scores seem to like it......This would still leave my overal UTI under 10% for the month if AMEX hits the CRs.

Just trying to drive my payment history and score build as best I can since i jumped in the garden.  Also have those last few new TLs from the end on Feb that should hit this month.

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Amex Pay or let Stmt cut

If you are not apping for any credit just let it report, the 1-9% of one card does not need to be done every month, you just want to do it when you know you will be apping for some type of credit.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Amex Pay or let Stmt cut

@gdale6 wrote:

If you are not apping for any credit just let it report, the 1-9% of one card does not need to be done every month, you just want to do it when you know you will be apping for some type of credit.

Thanks gdale6!!  You always give me insight!!!

No apping!   Garden long and hard!!  Got hubby over 600 on 2/3 and the other hasnt updated yet!!

All about use and pay now while I get rid of our old garbage!!

You always help.........THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.