Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Auto Loan re. Late Payments and paying off the loan

tag
Dolan621
Established Member

Question on Auto Loan re. Late Payments and paying off the loan

Ok, so I have an Auto Loan with Capital One Auto, and after a variety of heart-rendering problems blah blah blah, I got behind and had a bunch of Late Payments a couple of years ago. I'm now completely current with them and have been for 2 years. I sent a GW letter asking them in the kindest and most eloquent terms to delete some late pays from my TL. I didn't dispute them, as I really was late.

Well, they basically sent me a copy of my account payment history, I guess that was their way of saying, "you were late, and we don't care why".

SO my question is, if I pay the Loan off in full (I only have a remaining balance of around $2000), do those Late pays go away when the account is satisfied in full? DO I have any other options? I could scrape up the $$$ to pay the balance to $0, but it would get tight in the Dolan house.  Or should I just keep GW'ing them till they get tired of me and delete some of the lates.

Advice and/or info is greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 721

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

tunately Re: Question on Auto Loan re. Late Payments and paying off the loan

Unfortunately, the lates stay on the account until the whole TL drops off (I've got the paid autos to prove it...) or you find a sympathetic employee w/ your GW letter.

Message 2 of 4
Dolan621
Established Member

Re: tunately Re: Question on Auto Loan re. Late Payments and paying off the loan

Oh, well. Looks like they're going to be getting a lot of mail from me.....

Thanks Honda

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 721

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Re: Question on Auto Loan re. Late Payments and paying off the loan

I have a similar situation.  I was late a few months ago, yet Capital One is still reporting as 30 days past due.  I sent a letter asking them to at least report monthly, since I have been paying as agreed.  I haven't gotten a response back.  I plan to keep sending letters and e-mails and faxes.  I know the lates were my fault, but it seems the least they could do is report monthly and not only report when it is 30 days past due.

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.