Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Credit Builder loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Credit Builder loan

Thank you @myyellowis300  I want to open today (out of sheer desire to fix it all now), but will wait until next month just to see what happens with my score with the steps I have already taken.   I was added as an AU this month, and got approved for my own credit builder card through cap1.  If I do all 3 in the same month, I won't be able to see gradual changes.  Today is the statement date on the AU account.  Hoping it will pop up on the CRA's in the next few days!  My Credit Builder Cap1 account statement date is May 14th.  so hopefully I will see that by mid May as well.  Also my last state tax lien 2009 will be Paid in full on May 8th.  It then should be marked released, although it won't come off my report for 7 years (thanks to sucky California rules).  The 2012 state lien is marked released 3/2012.  So it will come off in a little under 2 years!   This is exciting to be dealing with all that I hid from.  It was stressful and overwhelming.  I am glad it is getting better.  Thank you all for your help and advice.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thank you @Anonymous  I want to open today (out of sheer desire to fix it all now), but will wait until next month just to see what happens with my score with the steps I have already taken.   I was added as an AU this month, and got approved for my own credit builder card through cap1.  If I do all 3 in the same month, I won't be able to see gradual changes.  Today is the statement date on the AU account.  Hoping it will pop up on the CRA's in the next few days!  My Credit Builder Cap1 account statement date is May 14th.  so hopefully I will see that by mid May as well.  Also my last state tax lien 2009 will be Paid in full on May 8th.  It then should be marked released, although it won't come off my report for 7 years (thanks to sucky California rules).  The 2012 state lien is marked released 3/2012.  So it will come off in a little under 2 years!   This is exciting to be dealing with all that I hid from.  It was stressful and overwhelming.  I am glad it is getting better.  Thank you all for your help and advice.

The only bad part about selflender is they're slow to first report. If you open today it will first report in June. If you wait until May 2nd or later it will report in July.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know since patience is not my strong suite!  Lol.  I am learning to be patient.  It just takes practice.  Only 1 inquiry on my report!  :-)  I will start the self lender today.  Thank you @Federalist

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, my self lender account is open!  :-)  They say they will report to all 3 agencies by end of June!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.