Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on FICO Score Improvement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on FICO Score Improvement

Currently Myfico scores are TU 616/EQ 626/ EX 625.

I suffered a foreclosure with an account closed date of October 2013. (Took 3 years to process from start to finishh)

2 collections counts marked as paid/ zero balance (105/212 balance initially). Both Opened in 2011. (tried to negotiate for pay for delete - unsuccessful)

Only open credit lines are bestbuy and capital one (2400 and 2000 respectivly )

Credit utilization is <30%.

Currently no auto loan.

Any idea how I can improve my scores to 650 or even 700 in the next 6 months - 1 year.

Another concern; will need to buy car and rent an apartment in the next 6 months.

Will I be able to do such? (income = 70k) (positive co-leasing history in current apartment x 2 years)

Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

DS

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on FICO Score Improvement

Those negatives are the ones hurting your score. Unless you can get the CCs to raise their CLs I would keep trying the PFD. Your scores are fair and the good recent payment history has a lot of weight, but it depends on the complex admissions policies.
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually GW sorry I didn't read the balance. What CAs are those 2 collections from. You may be able to get good tips about how to get them to delete.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are both utilities .. I'm sure I could prob get an auto loan which would diversify my credit utilization and after a few months of payments increase my score
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

And theirs always hope for the fico 3.0 model to be implemented which would ignore paid collections accounts altogether ( not holding breath though )
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got Excel Energy to delete one by giving them basically my life story, not sure you would like to do that. Of course the first rep did not want to help I had to ask for upper management. Have you tried lowering your Utilization to less than 10% instead of less than 30%?
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same hope for medical bills since my last 2 collections are medical. But until implemented.......
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure I could definitely do that .. I'm sorry to hear medical collections are holding you back..
Message 8 of 23
Mm587
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently Myfico scores are TU 616/EQ 626/ EX 625.

I suffered a foreclosure with an account closed date of October 2013. (Took 3 years to process from start to finishh)

2 collections counts marked as paid/ zero balance (105/212 balance initially). Both Opened in 2011. (tried to negotiate for pay for delete - unsuccessful)

Only open credit lines are bestbuy and capital one (2400 and 2000 respectivly )

Credit utilization is <30%.

Currently no auto loan.

Any idea how I can improve my scores to 650 or even 700 in the next 6 months - 1 year.

Another concern; will need to buy car and rent an apartment in the next 6 months.

Will I be able to do such? (income = 70k) (positive co-leasing history in current apartment x 2 years)

Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

DS

i think the quickest way to improve score would be to get utilization less than 10 per cent.  

Message 9 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
And theirs always hope for the fico 3.0 model to be implemented which would ignore paid collections accounts altogether ( not holding breath though )

Hello. Welcome to the forums.

You mean FICO 09 don't you?

Believe me I have edited posts all over the place because of my bad spelling.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.