Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Validating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Validating

I have requested a OC and CA on the same debt to validate it is mine.  I am not getting a legit response.  The OC keeps telling me to go to the CA for information, they have none due to selling it.  The CA has sent me a theft affadavit today with nothing showing me any thing as far as validation as I have requested.  What should I do now?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question on Validating

Did you send the debt collector a letter that could be interpreted as a "debt not mine" assertion, or did you simply send them a request for validation under FDCPA 809?

Debt validation only applies to debt collectors.  Many DV requests include assertions of inaccuracy thst csn be interpreted as a dispute or an assertion of identity theft......

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute it if you don't think it's yours. Collection agency is under no legal provision to provide any validation. With that being said, they cannot report the collection or attempt any kind of collection activity until validation is provided. Not sure if this applies only to the 1st 30 days or not or throughout the life of the collection.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

request for validation under FDCPA 809

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.