Valued Member
Watts

Question on a no response DV

If a CA doesn't respond to a DV, do they have to stop collection efforts... Does this mean they must delete off the report until they do validate since that is technically a collection effort?
Shogun

Re: Question on a no response DV

No, failure to respond to a DV even timely does not require deletion from information already on your CR.

Starting Score: 504

Current Score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Going for Wade64's RUDY Spade!
Valued Member
Watts

So, if they aren't actively collecting now.. whats the real point of the DV?

If they fail, can I send my docs of letters/requests sent to the CRA to see if they would delete?
Shogun

What you are referring to, some call the 1-2 punch.  These only get lucky if the CA doesn't validate the debt to the CRA.  It in no way compels them to delete.  First off, unless the DV is timely, or you live in the state of Texas,  they don't have to respond to anything.  If the DV is timely, then they are barred from further collection attempts until they validate.  That does not affect what is already on your CR.  If say a year down the road, they decide to validate, then they do that and resume collection.

Starting Score: 504

Current Score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Going for Wade64's RUDY Spade!
Valued Member
Watts

So basically, I can DV the CA but if they dont respond to me but they do validate with the CRA I have no leverage to use that against them with the CRA?

Am I understanding this correctly?
Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Watts wrote:
So basically, I can DV the CA but if they dont respond to me but they do validate with the CRA I have no leverage to use that against them with the CRA?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Debt validation is a FDCPA thing... debt reporting is a FCRA thing.

They are different processes, different rules, different everything.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 05/12: TU: 722 | EQ: 712 | EX: 686
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Still Working On: Illinois Paid Tax Lien,
Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $3900, Citi/Home Depot $2000, Capital One Cash Rewards $1500, Capital One Secured $500, Credit One Bank $500. Total Utilization: 6%. AAoA: 1yr, 7mth. INQS: 8 TU, 8 EQ, 4 EX
Valued Member
Watts

That makes sense.. my legs already hurt from jumping through hoop after hoop and I have just started this week. =)

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Watts wrote:

That makes sense.. my legs already hurt from jumping through hoop after hoop and I have just started this week. =)

Yeah; I know the feeling... legs still hurt from years of it :smileywink:

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 05/12: TU: 722 | EQ: 712 | EX: 686
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Still Working On: Illinois Paid Tax Lien,
Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $3900, Citi/Home Depot $2000, Capital One Cash Rewards $1500, Capital One Secured $500, Credit One Bank $500. Total Utilization: 6%. AAoA: 1yr, 7mth. INQS: 8 TU, 8 EQ, 4 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+