Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on closing a young tradeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on closing a young tradeline

I have two tradeline a that are only about 3 months old, and I have decided to move. As you might expect in a rebuilding process, they have dinged by AAoA.

Both were opened with the aim of increasing total avail credit, both with "toy" limits....$500.

Since opening them I have reduced my UYI by $1100.

Is it better to just wait to move (get new lease etc....credit run) or kill the young tradelines?

I am not sure how it looks to those reviewing credit to see these accounts only open for 3-6 months and the card never used.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on closing a young tradeline

Are you asking if it is going to look bad to have them open when attempting to get a new lease?  Closing the accounts could lower your scores, depending on what your credit profile looks like.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Trying to determine if the bit of avail credit is better or if a boost to the AAoA is better.
Message 3 of 5
empiror22
Regular Contributor

By closing the new cards your aaoa will not increase. It will actually stay the same as it is now.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only short term effect closing accounts has on your score is with utilization. They remain on your profile for 10 years and still count towards AAoA until they fall off.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.