Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on credit card add/drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on credit card add/drop

I have had my cap1 secured card since May and was recently approved for the cap1 QS which I happily accepted. Both have a 300 cl. I have a FH fresh start account I just got this month.

My question is when I did the cap1 pre-qual site it offered me both the QS and the platinum, both unsecured. Should I drop the secured and try for the unsecured platinum? It will still leave me with only three credit lines but not sure if that the right thing to do. I'm thinking the AAoA won't matter because they are all young and having two unsecured cards that can grow with me would be the right thing to do. Afraid if I cancel the secured first I may not get the unsecured Plat offer again.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on credit card add/drop

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had my cap1 secured card since May and was recently approved for the cap1 QS which I happily accepted. Both have a 300 cl. I have a FH fresh start account I just got this month.

My question is when I did the cap1 pre-qual site it offered me both the QS and the platinum, both unsecured. Should I drop the secured and try for the unsecured platinum? It will still leave me with only three credit lines but not sure if that the right thing to do. I'm thinking the AAoA won't matter because they are all young and having two unsecured cards that can grow with me would be the right thing to do. Afraid if I cancel the secured first I may not get the unsecured Plat offer again.

If it were I,  I would let the new unsecured report at least for 6 months and then look at canceling the secured and going for another unsecured with Cap-1.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on credit card add/drop

Thanks. I was thinking that. I use the secured card for everything and pay it off weekly. Once I get the unsecured I'll use that as my daily driver so I can get (hopefully) bettet cli
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.