Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on disputes

tag
samdubs
Contributor

Question on disputes

I have a couple disputes out there with Cap One which used to be HSBC. I only disputed one account and they updated all of my accounts as disputed. When I pull my credit report everything is still there as being late, charge off etc.  Myfico has risen lately but all of the alerts state that it has been because I have paid down my utilization levels of my cards. My questions concern the score, how do I see if this is actually improving my score by removing the TL or if the alerts are correct?  If my scores are true then I have come a long ways if not then I guess I drop back to the 640 range on MyFICO.

I have been reading all kinds of info on here but it ranges from FICO dropping the score or scores drastically rising. My scores have not drastically risen but has been a slow gradual increase on FICO but the fakos shot up fast when a 30 day late was removed and a collection was deleted. This whole process is confusing as all get up.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Question on disputes

When you dispute an OC account certain aspects of that account are removed from scoring, including balances, CL and payment history.  Those being removed could cause your score to rise.

When the dispute is resolved your score will either return to post dispute, raise or lower, depending on the outcome of the dispute and what is updated/deleted.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.