Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on getting judgements deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on getting judgements deleted

I have a federal tax lien that was included in my chapter 13 now that my chapter 13 has been discharged can the judgement be deleted?  Please advise on the best course of action to take.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on getting judgements deleted

I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm sure someone that knows will jump in..at least this will give it a bump.

your ch13 has been deleted but your tax lien and others state "included in bankruptcy"

I may be wrong but almost possitive that each "included" reports on their own and only the ch13 itself would be verified through the courts. Leaving you to deal with each OC after the discharge about their reporting

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question on getting judgements deleted

Tax liens reported to a CRA remain in your CR, under FCRA 605(a)(3), for 7 years from the date the lien was paid.  How it is paid is not the determining factor, it is if the lien has been discharged.

Take your date paid, add 7 years to it, and then dispute if it is not removed after that date.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.