cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on how Experian is reporting lates, plus discharged account showing as open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on how Experian is reporting lates, plus discharged account showing as open

I just got on myFICO.  When I look at all of my old credit cards that went away in my bankruptcy, both TU and EQ only show me with 90 days late up to the middle of 2012 (or on some they don't even show any late payments) , where Experian shows the 90 day lates up to the middle of 2012 as well, but they hit me with another 90 day late in April 2013, which is when the bankruptcy was discharged.  I filed in January 2013.  The way I see it the accounts were really still 90 days late until they were discharged, so I guess it is correct to be hit with the 90 day late again, but the other CRA's arent reporting it.  Is this something that I can dispute, and will it make a difference to my score if it falls off?

Also, all 3 CRA's show my paypal card as an open account.  They show no balance and show it as discharged in the bankruptcy.  It seems odd that it isn't shown as closed since it was discharged in the bankruptcy.  If I dispute this to get it shown as closed will it effect my credit score or AAoA?  It really does seem like this account should be shown as closed on the reports.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on how Experian is reporting lates, plus discharged account showing as open

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got on myFICO.  When I look at all of my old credit cards that went away in my bankruptcy, both TU and EQ only show me with 90 days late up to the middle of 2012 (or on some they don't even show any late payments) , where Experian shows the 90 day lates up to the middle of 2012 as well, but they hit me with another 90 day late in April 2013, which is when the bankruptcy was discharged.  I filed in January 2013.  The way I see it the accounts were really still 90 days late until they were discharged, so I guess it is correct to be hit with the 90 day late again, but the other CRA's arent reporting it.  Is this something that I can dispute, and will it make a difference to my score if it falls off?

Also, all 3 CRA's show my paypal card as an open account.  They show no balance and show it as discharged in the bankruptcy.  It seems odd that it isn't shown as closed since it was discharged in the bankruptcy.  If I dispute this to get it shown as closed will it effect my credit score or AAoA?  It really does seem like this account should be shown as closed on the reports.

So you're using a CMS for your CRA viewing, not a direct CRA report?

On the second half, I had a similar situation. Old GE account IIB, but no balance when I filed, so it sat, never updated, and is still on 2 of 3, as my oldest TL. It's a good thing....AAOA side effect boost.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on how Experian is reporting lates, plus discharged account showing as open

I'm using the reports I got off of myFICO yesterday.  I did pull a free Experian off of annual credit report in July, and now that I reference that report It is showing most of the credit card accounts as closed or charge off as of mid 2012 or earlier, so it makes me wonder why the reports on myFICO show tha additional 90 day lates hitting on the date of the bankruptcy.  I'm taking it the reports don't always match up as far as what I can pull off of annual credit report and the reports myFICO pulls?

Message 3 of 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm using the reports I got off of myFICO yesterday.  I did pull a free Experian off of annual credit report in July, and now that I reference that report It is showing most of the credit card accounts as closed or charge off as of mid 2012 or earlier, so it makes me wonder why the reports on myFICO show tha additional 90 day lates hitting on the date of the bankruptcy.  I'm taking it the reports don't always match up as far as what I can pull off of annual credit report and the reports myFICO pulls?

Yep. CMS.

Sometimes there are glitches/hiccups with how CMS's interpet data from the CRA's, so I'd pull whatever CRA report directly (one showing the 90's above and beyond), to see what is listed there as well.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.