Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on internal collections departments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on internal collections departments

I apologize if this issue has been addressed before, but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for when I tried to search for threads on it.  Can an OC and their internal collections department both list on your reports?  I know an OC and a CA can report, but I have a listing from an OC and another one from the same OC for the same amount under a different account number with a different DOFD which lines up with the day they transfered the account to their internal collections department.  They have confirmed it is for the same paid account (over the phone so I have no hard evidence, I did it before I found these forums), but they both report as installment loans instead of one loan and one collection.  I have been digging for a while to try and find an answer to this question and have even read through the various laws until the legalese was making me go cross eyed and have found no answer.  If anyone has any insight or could at least point me to the section of whatever law covers it I would be most thankful.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on internal collections departments

IMO, no they can't.

HSBC has been known to do this before as well.

As for the DOFD being changed, that is inaccurate and against FCRA. It is called re-aging. Check the Freq Requested Links Thread below and read the re-aging thread.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on internal collections departments

Thanks for the reply and and I will spend some more time reading up on the re-aging issue, but that's the small part that can be eliminated if I can resolve the big issue which is getting the duplicate removed.  I have disputed the duplicate item with all 3 CRAs and they have all verified since it has a different account number, even though the amount and dates are the same (except for the re-aged DOFD).  I really wish I would have gotten their confirmation in writing.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.