Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on reporting

I have a medical collection that is reporting. Disputed with CRA, came back verified. However, it's reporting as a joint account. Not sure if it matters but should I DV and if I do what should I ask for specifically about the way it's reported?

Here's the TL

Status: Collection account. $2,214 past due as of Sep 2011. Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on
record until Feb 2014.
Date Opened:
11/2007
Reported Since:
02/2008
Date of Status:
02/2008
Last Reported:
09/2011
Type:
Collection
Terms:
1 Months
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Joint
Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$2,214
High Balance:
NA
Recent Balance:
$2,214 as of 09/2011
Recent Payment:
$0

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question on reporting

A Dv request is not related to how it is being reported on your CR.  DV is for validation of the debt, both as to the amount and the creditor's confirmation of its validity.

The accuracy of credit reporting is addressed by filing a dispute under one of the two dispute processes under the FCRA.  Having done that, you have verification of the reporting.  That is not validation of the debt.

Message 2 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I have medical collections (Paid) showing as "joint" and "coborrower" depending on whose reporting.  TU deleted all.  EQ and EX won't budge.  Trying to get them removed via HIPAA and NO GO, yet.

There is no way a medical collection could be a "joint" or "coborrowing" situation.  Total B.S.

I hope you have more luck than I did.

(When I DV'd the CA reporting, they ignored me - many times).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I sent a DV anyway. I had insurance at the time, and if this is what I think it is it should be paid. The joint threw me off because I can't for the life of me think of when I would've ever had a joint insurance claim or medical bill for anything. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.