Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on what i should do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on what i should do

Okay, i know it's a dozen times here. But i have 2 collections on my account for small radiology bills that i'm not sure how i missed. 1 for $114 and the other for $106. I can pay them now. I've called each OC and they gave me the full account numbers to send them. Both are from last year.

So my question is do i pay the OC and send a Hipaa letter to the CA's or do i Just call the CA's to see if they'd agree to a PFD?

Please chime in! Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on what i should do

Pay the OC and ask them to recall the collection so it can be removed. If the OC is reporting ask for a PFD. If it isn't then DV the CA once the OC is paid. No debt left to verify. Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying the OC will not require the debt collector to delete their reporting.  They would only be required to close their collection and update the balance undr collection to $0.You would have to get the OC to termiante collection authority assignment to the debt collector pror to accepting payment.

DVing the debt collector after paying the OC will not require deletion, for several reasons.

First, a DV would most likely be untimely at this point.

Second, a debt collector is not required to respond to a DV, they are required only to cease collection until such time as they validate.

With the debt being paid, they have already ceased further collection, and thus could care less about a cease collection bar.

I would send a PFD to the debt collector, thus attempting to get their direct agreement to delete the collection.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the OC and asked if they would recall the debt. The car told me that since it was from last yr that they cannot pull it back but I could pay them or the CA. So at this point what should I do? I called the CA and they have sent the account to some attorney's office. So I cannot pay them either.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay the OC and ask them to recall the collection so it can be removed. If the OC is reporting ask for a PFD. If it isn't then DV the CA once the OC is paid. No debt left to verify. Good luck.

Ask them to recall from CA BEFORE you pay.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Or request a PFD from the debt collector.

The fact that they have referred to legal counsel does not preclude them from accepting payment.  Make the offer again.

Message 6 of 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

PFD with whomever is actually reporting on your CR.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.