cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on whether to dispute information?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on whether to dispute information?

I had 3 student loans that I defaulted on and Suntrust filed a claim with the goverment.  Long story short, Oklahoma State For Higher Regents had 3 seperate lines on my credit report gaining interest each month I didnt pay.  I paid the debt off in full, and my credit report reflects that.  My bank loan officer told me when you look at my credit report you cant tell that the 3 student loans through Suntrust are the same as the Oklahoma ST Regents as their total dollar amount differ, and they have different account numbers.

My question is can I dispute with OKlahoma State Regents with the incorrect  initial balance, incorrect account numbers, and they say the original creditor was Bank Of Oklahoma which it was not?  Or am I wasting time?

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on whether to dispute information?

Another thing I thought of is that Suntrust has the status of the trade line as "claim filed with the goverment", and I have paid in full now through Oklahoma Regents.  SO couldnt I dispute with Suntrust because the status should be paid now right?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute, dispute,dispute

Each area you mention are legit areas to dispute.
It's not your job to spell out all disputes at once,actually having another reason then another
IMO is just more ammo to keep the heat of the flame hot.

Many times just the work of trying to get the info correct is enough for 'somebody' along the way to say screw it, just delete this crap and get it off my plate.

This happens especially when files are paid, nobody wants to shift thru correcting a PAID file...yes it may take a few attempts before it reports the way, you want because ppl love to half as their work but if continued to be 'bothered' by the same account, lots of time the easiest route is for some LAZY schmuck, to eventually just delete the darn thing to ERASE the possibility of having to SEE this work product again.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, it doesn't sound like these are reporting incorrectly.  You DO have 6 different loans.  The first 3, by Suntrust, were defaulted and a claim filed with the gov't.  End of story.  The guarantor, OK Regents paid those loans, not you.  Then Regents came to you for payment.  So you have 3 new loans with them, which are showing paid.  As long as the Suntrust loans have a zero balance, then they are reporting correctly.  

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood, but what the loan officer and I am wondering, doesnt the OK Regents have to say the original lender is Suntrust or have the same account number?  When you look at the Suntrust line it says Claim filed with Government, that leaves for interpretation that I owe the government money, and even though I have paid it through the OK Regents, it looks to someone loaning me money as though I may owe someone money still...I dont know, its frustrating I got myself into this mess..

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Regents states the original crediot was Bank of Oklahoma?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of Oklahoma is the orginal creditor for your 2nd set of loans.  I went through this same thing with some of my loans.  As long as the "claim submitted" loans show a zero balance then they are correct. Since you didn't pay them then they aren't "paid" on the CR, which would imply you made them current.  The new loans are just that, completely new loans.  The only tie they have to the original loans is that Bank of Ok/Ok Regents paid the first set.  Trust me, I feel your pain. I have 36 SL lines showing on my EQ for various reasons.  Ugh.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread prompted me to look at my reports again, and I have a quick question for the OP.  For your original set of loans, how is the current status reporting?  I pulled a new EQ report yesterday, and while mine show a zero balance (and claim filed), the current status is 120+ days past due.  That can't be right--maybe that is a way we can go after this double SL punch.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This thread prompted me to look at my reports again, and I have a quick question for the OP.  For your original set of loans, how is the current status reporting?  I pulled a new EQ report yesterday, and while mine show a zero balance (and claim filed), the current status is 120+ days past due.  That can't be right--maybe that is a way we can go after this double SL punch.

I tried disputing that on a loan I paid off with ACS, it remained 120+ days late status but the balance was added as $0 as it was reporting no data at all.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.