cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, please help regarding 30 day late pmt.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question, please help regarding 30 day late pmt.

Hello,

My credit report shows a 30 day late payment for my auto loan and a 30 day late payment from HFC, they both date back to December of 2006. Throughout that month I come to find out that my mail had been vandalized with outgoing mail and payments (meaning part of those 30 day late pmts). The individuals were caught and I did file a police report the following month, Jan 8th. On both accounts I have been ontime every single month before and after the unfortunate incident (one is 4 years old and the other is 2 and a half years old)...........   

My question is: If I still have the police report and If I explain this to HFC and Chrysler Financial will they take it out of my report or will I be ignored?  

Any good advice is welcome..

What would you do?...Do I stand a chance?

Thanks..

Message Edited by SERGE on 08-03-2008 09:23 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question, please help regarding 30 day late pmt.

I would send a GW letter, explain the situation, point out your excellent payment history,  and send a copy of the police report.

You never know what could happen.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question, please help regarding 30 day late pmt.

Today I sent a letter and a copy of the police report to TU, EQ and EX. I also sent a GW letter (and police report copy) to Chrysler Financial and HFC. I really hope this works.

Any other suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks again
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.