Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question re PFD

I've read hundreds of these threads so far.  I see a lot of people getting things removed from their credit reports by using PFD.  Are these generally really small amounts?  Or are people just able to get that much cash?  For example, any of my accounts that I would need to PFD would be in the $5000 - $10000 range.  (Or am I just really bad? Smiley Surprised)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re PFD

So far I haven't been able to get PFD's for even very small amounts.  My highest collection is $234 and most are $100 or less (all medical except one).  Guess it all depends on the company.  

Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi 3yl-3yl and Welcome to the forums,

PFD letters have worked for me with small debts and with larger ones too. 

The 2 largest was for 3k and 4k.

Had to borrow the money from DH boss.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  That's kind of what I was looking for - whether people were just saving for a long time for larger debts, or borrowing, etc.

Do very many people do PFD for a percentage, or do people usually do 100%?

We have an outstanding Amex for about $8000, and they've sent offers to us a few times for about 50%, but at the time we didn't have that (and were already making very large payments on other cards that we were being sued for.)  I haven't seen one of those offers in awhile though.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  That's kind of what I was looking for - whether people were just saving for a long time for larger debts, or borrowing, etc.

Do very many people do PFD for a percentage, or do people usually do 100%?

We have an outstanding Amex for about $8000, and they've sent offers to us a few times for about 50%, but at the time we didn't have that (and were already making very large payments on other cards that we were being sued for.)  I haven't seen one of those offers in awhile though.

There really is no one size fits all. If you do a search for a particular creditor you can get some sense of what others have offered and what seemed to work and not work.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.