Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding OC and collection - National Credit Adjusters

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Question regarding OC and collection - National Credit Adjusters

So, I've had a charge off from Rise Credit that destroyed my transunion report for a couple of years now (my other baddies were smaller, so I PFD'd them or paid them off, except a collection from PRA that I assume I am stuck with for the duration).  I contacted Rise a couple of times to try to set up a payment plan and they refused and would not take a payment less than 2K (total account balance $2962), so I have been waiting for them to kick it to collections since I knew they were more likely to do a payment plan.  It finally happened - and they sent it to national credit adjusters. I sent them a DV letter to buy me 30 days to figure out how to handle this and also so they'd stop calling me six times a day.

A few questions:

1) Has anyone dealt with NCA?  Will they agree not to report if I agree to a payment plan?

2)Will Rise now remove the original account from TU? (Oh God, please)

3) What should I offer per month?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding OC and collection - National Credit Adjusters

I can't answer 1 or 3, but as for 2, Rise can either delete the reporting or not. It's their choice.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A collection is an add-on.

It is reporting by the debt collector that they are attempting to collect on the debt, either as an assigned agent of the creditor, or if they have purchased the debt, as the new owner.

There is no requirement for the creditor to delete their reporting based on the addition of a collection.

You can have both reporting by the original creditor, including the charge-off, and a collection in your credit report.

You can offer a pay for deletion to the debt collector, which if accepted will result in both discharge of the debt and removal of the collection.

PFD agreements are usually difficult to obtain, but first make the offer before simply paying.

Message 3 of 5
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

They haven't reported yet, which is why I'm trying to deal with it now.  Rise is just the sort of miserable company that will leave it on there.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they have not yet reported, you can make a pay for not reporting offer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.