Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding TU FICO

tag
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Question regarding TU FICO

I just refreshed my score last week and noticed that on the page where it shows what's  hurting your score it says my revolving credit was at 73 perfect when in fact I am at 25 percent. When it list  your credit at a glance it shows the correct balances on my credit cards.  My Experian score bumped 70 whole points due to two collections being removed and my utilization dropping. I had expected TU to increase higher than the 39 points that it did and I'm guessing it's due to the utilization showing 73 instead of 25. Any suggestions on what to do to get it to report 25?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question regarding TU FICO

@HopeThruFaith wrote:

I just refreshed my score last week and noticed that on the page where it shows what's  hurting your score it says my revolving credit was at 73 perfect when in fact I am at 25 percent. When it list  your credit at a glance it shows the correct balances on my credit cards.  My Experian score bumped 70 whole points due to two collections being removed and my utilization dropping. I had expected TU to increase higher than the 39 points that it did and I'm guessing it's due to the utilization showing 73 instead of 25. Any suggestions on what to do to get it to report 25?

Congarts on the score bump

If you can bring UTL down < 9 you should see more score bumps 

Best wishes

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 10
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Yes the balance was correct 

Message 4 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you could I would get a report directly from the CRA and see what they show.  If you should be at 25% but myFICO is showing 73% it could be a formatting issue with the 3rd party report.

Message 5 of 10
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

The TU website shows under the accounts the actual balance on each card which is around 25% yet it states under what's impacting your score that my available credit on my open cards are to low. Any thoughts?
Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@HopeThruFaith wrote:
The TU website shows under the accounts the actual balance on each card which is around 25% yet it states under what's impacting your score that my available credit on my open cards are to low. Any thoughts?

The TU98 FICO factors in util a tad differently than the EX and EQ FICOs on here. Are you certain you are factoring in every account (e.g. HELOCs, LOCs, CO'd CCs)?

Message 7 of 10
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

I have one charged off CC but its reporting paid after charge off balance of $0. There is an unpaid Verizon Wireless bill that's reporting 120 days late and one pd collection that refuses to delete. They shouldn't impact my utilization right?
Message 8 of 10
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Bump
Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@HopeThruFaith wrote:
I have one charged off CC but its reporting paid after charge off balance of $0. There is an unpaid Verizon Wireless bill that's reporting 120 days late and one pd collection that refuses to delete. They shouldn't impact my utilization right?

None of the above would do it. Ignore any $0 balance baddie as a culpirit. I would list out all of your revolving TLs into Excel or something like that and calculate util that way. Be sure to use the balance and util listed within that report (vs. what you think or know your balances and CLs are). I had a CC that never updated a CLI and it took me a while to calculate util because I assumed the CL would be listed the same on all 3. Also, tinker with the balances and CL. FICO does tend to ignore the balance and CL of a card if the reported date had not updated in a very long time (e.g. a year). Also ignore any TL that is listed with a dispute comment.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.