Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Texas DV letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding Texas DV letter

How many days should I wait past the 30 day time limit for a response? Today is the 30th day and no response so far. Should I wait until Monday to go to the next step if it's not in the mail today?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question regarding Texas DV letter

I would suggest at least a month and a half.

Being a bit late is not a big deal, and I would not press the matter until they clearly have exceeded the time to put in the mail, plus any routine postal delays.

The debt collector is not required to provide validation within the 30-day period, they are required only to respond.

Their response could simply be that they are not yet prepared to send validation.

Being a bit late might cause a slap on their wrist should you complain, but if/when they comply, that does not substantively effect the consumer.

The next step, if they dont provide validation, is for them to report deletion of the collection to the CRA.

The requriemtn is that they immediately do so, which has its own fuzzy period.......

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your letter did you clearly state you were requesting a DV under the Texas Financial code? Otherwise the assumption is to apply the FDCPA requirements...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NORMAN - The letter clearly stated it was sent under the provisions of TFC (plus whatever the numbers are, don't remember them off the top of my head).
@Robert - Should I wait that long if they updated 2 of the collections last Monday? I would think that if they updated they feel as if they have the validation, whether or not it's everything required under the TFC.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.