cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien

Established Member

Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien

Ok I have been reading through many tax lien postings on here but am still a little confused.  I sent a request to the Comptroller of MD to vacate/withdraw my satisfied tax liens...they agreed and sent copies vacating the liens.  The liens had previously been updated by the Courts to say they were satisfied.  They have now since been updated to state vacated/withdrawn but are still showing in Maryland's onlince court database.  I have two questions:

 

1.  Since these are now vacated am I a right that they should/could be able to be removed from my credit report? They are still showing on all 3 reports over 45 days later.

 

2.  Is Maryland allowed to keep a vacated court record in their online, searchable court database? 

 

 

7 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien

Sorry I can not answer your specific question, but I have to tell you, you are not alone.  I have tax liens that are PIF/released here in California.  I called the county and they will never remove them.  They will fall off my CRA's reports 7 years after release date, but that is it.  It is very frustrating.  It makes me sad to know that will be there for anyone to see forever.

Rebuilding Since 4/2017 No FICO, No Credit Cards. Now FICO 8 655EX, 678 EQ, 753 TU!
Gardening 6/08/17 to 12/1/17
Moderator

Re: Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien


Blitz1030 wrote:

Ok I have been reading through many tax lien postings on here but am still a little confused.  I sent a request to the Comptroller of MD to vacate/withdraw my satisfied tax liens...they agreed and sent copies vacating the liens.  The liens had previously been updated by the Courts to say they were satisfied.  They have now since been updated to state vacated/withdrawn but are still showing in Maryland's onlince court database.  I have two questions:

 

1.  Since these are now vacated am I a right that they should/could be able to be removed from my credit report? They are still showing on all 3 reports over 45 days later.

 

2.  Is Maryland allowed to keep a vacated court record in their online, searchable court database? 

 

 


If the papers you have say they have been withdrawn then send formal demand for removal to each of the CRAs and send a copy of the withdrawl to them as well. If they refuse to remove after this then file a CFPB complaint on the CRA(s).

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Moderator

Re: Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien


Chantels1 wrote:

Sorry I can not answer your specific question, but I have to tell you, you are not alone.  I have tax liens that are PIF/released here in California.  I called the county and they will never remove them.  They will fall off my CRA's reports 7 years after release date, but that is it.  It is very frustrating.  It makes me sad to know that will be there for anyone to see forever.


In CA the rules for a lien are 10 years from the date the lien was entered or 7 years from date paid but not to exceed 10 years.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Contributor

Re: Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien

Thank you @gdale6  So the 2009 lien that will be paid next month can stay until 2019?  The 2012 that is already released can stay until 2022?  It was filed and released the same month.  Maybe it will fall off before 2022, but could stay till 2022?  Fortunately they are only showing on one credit report! 

Rebuilding Since 4/2017 No FICO, No Credit Cards. Now FICO 8 655EX, 678 EQ, 753 TU!
Gardening 6/08/17 to 12/1/17
Established Contributor

Re: Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien

Tax Liens can be removed if they lack the right items per National Comsumer protection Program   To stay on has have 1) Name 2) Address 3) Your FULL social security number or birthday.  "I am disputing the tax lien recorded in Ventura County,CA Book 100 Page 123 of Superior Court it fails to meet the the requirements set forth under the National Consumer Protection Act.  The lien fails to have complete identifying information 1) Name 2) Address 3) Social Secuity Number and cannot be validated.  I have attached a copy of that page of my credit report." The National Consumer protection program was an agreement between big 3 credit and many but not all states.  

Moderator

Re: Question regarding Vacated Tax Lien


Chantels1 wrote:

Thank you @gdale6  So the 2009 lien that will be paid next month can stay until 2019?  The 2012 that is already released can stay until 2022?  It was filed and released the same month.  Maybe it will fall off before 2022, but could stay till 2022?  Fortunately they are only showing on one credit report! 


Yup and yup.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Established Member

Re: Question regarding Vacated Maryland Tax Liens

Thanks for all the responses.   I guess there is still no definitive answer.  I am going to try and send a letter to the CRAs.  These two liens are my only judgements and I would like them gone.  Hopefully I can get them removed.  The lady at the Comptroller of Maryland said a copy would be sent to the credit reporting agencies so I was thinking that meant they would be removed.