cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding disputing paid collection

tag
lisanicole

Question regarding disputing paid collection

Hi Everyone! I started rebuilding my credit 3 years ago and have my score up from 580 to 720 (Fico)! Anyway, last year Jan 2014 TMobile sent a 500.00 bill to collection (which bill I disputed) as they say I canceled my contract with them before my year was up (not true and I can prove it). So even after disputing bill with Tmobile they sent it to collection (Midland). I completely panicked and did not want an unpaid collection sitting on my report. I paid Midland 100.00 for a paid in full. So now I have a paid in full collection on my reports (my fault). Would it do any good to dispute? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question regarding disputing paid collection

@lisanicole wrote:

Hi Everyone! I started rebuilding my credit 3 years ago and have my score up from 580 to 720 (Fico)! Anyway, last year Jan 2014 TMobile sent a 500.00 bill to collection (which bill I disputed) as they say I canceled my contract with them before my year was up (not true and I can prove it). So even after disputing bill with Tmobile they sent it to collection (Midland). I completely panicked and did not want an unpaid collection sitting on my report. I paid Midland 100.00 for a paid in full. So now I have a paid in full collection on my reports (my fault). Would it do any good to dispute? Thanks.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Most unfortunate that you settle the account when you could have proved it was in error, by settling you made the debt yours. Your only chance of getting this CA off is with a GW letter and they are one of the worst to deal with as far as getting goodwill deletions. I would send a letter at a rate of once a month to the CEO. I might even engage a lawyer to review what other options you may have against them of T Mobile. Good luck Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
lisanicole

Re: Question regarding disputing paid collection

Thank you. My husband happens to be a lawyer (litigator) and he basically told me it was a waste of time and just pay it. His view is that we already have cars and mortgage so why do I care so much about my credit score.  I will try for the GW letter montly and see if that does anything. I would really like my score to go above 750 and highly doubt that will happen with this year old paid collection. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.