Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding dropped inquiries.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding dropped inquiries.

recently some of my Transunion inquiries have been coming off my credit report couple of months before the 2 year mark.  which is great. transunion has jumped 20 points in the last month.  my question is equifax inquiries are still there.no of them have dropped early . my transunion went from 10 - 4 inquiries in the last month in a half.is transunion and equifax different with inquiries?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question regarding dropped inquiries.

The removal of inquiries after two years is not a requirement of the FCRA, it is simply internal policy of the CRAs.

It is thus unregulated and can vary.

Message 2 of 6
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Yes, they are different, just like they are totally different credit bureaus... ...In my experience EQ has always held onto inq. the longest of all,,Hope this helps.. I'm sure the Fico experts will buzz in on this...They can explain it better than me...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes the CRA's will remove inquiries early for data storage reasons.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. After seeing those drop I was hoping my equifax inquiries would drop early too. I have 6 total for August and September . (18total). Crazy cause on transunion I have 4.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your point increase is from something else - inquiries only count towards your FICO score for one year (but fall off at two).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.