Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding missing payment history on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding missing payment history on CR

So I'm busy cleaning up my credit reports and I ran across my last auto loan that just closed in jan 2017. I traded the car in and got a new car and the dealership paid off my old loan. So I noticed it says closed jan 2016 on my TU and EQ reports. It closed 2017 not 2016. Also I noticed there are no monthly updates showing for 2016. now granted I had a couple lates early on in the loan but all of 2016 were on time payments but are not showing on reports. How many points could a years worth of on time payments that are not being reported be costing me? I'm sure the early on lates in the loan are hurting me but not getting credit for a years worth of on times has to be costing me something as well. I have already opened a dispute with both CRAs. Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding missing payment history on CR

Be aware that the account may be deleted if the OC feels that it will be simpler to do that than to keep monitoring it for accuracy
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question regarding missing payment history on CR

My guess would be that it would not have significant impact.

Reporting date of closure has no affect on FICO scoring of length of credit history.  The account will continue to factor into your AAoA, and its increased age will be the primary score benefit.

The lack of delinquencies over the last year lets any prior delinquencies age, which would be the payment history benefit.

I dont see that it would make a significant scoring difference.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.