cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question's about late payment GW and other..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question's about late payment GW and other..

Hello,

I have been looking through the boards here for the better part of 3 hours now picking a great deal of information that I have immediately found useful. So firstly, I would like to say thank you to the contributing members here! I am starting to rebuild my shattered credit, currently I am at a 536 on my Equifax, I have no idea what the others are. I have 3 items in collections which I am working on by sending out the PDF's that you have mentioned here.

My concern isn't with the collections items though. Since my ex and I broke up, I have been short on money and have had to do some creative financing. Basically out of many of my car payments, I have made a total of 4 late payments in the last year or so, 3 - 30 day late, and 1 - 60 days late as well. Have any of you had success with contacting a CA to have these late payments removed from your credit report via phone?

I would much rather try that than sending in a GW letter. But I will pretty much try whatever at this point.. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question's about late payment GW and other..

fixrupper wrote:
Hello,

I have been looking through the boards here for the better part of 3 hours now picking a great deal of information that I have immediately found useful. So firstly, I would like to say thank you to the contributing members here! I am starting to rebuild my shattered credit, currently I am at a 536 on my Equifax, I have no idea what the others are. I have 3 items in collections which I am working on by sending out the PDF's that you have mentioned here.

My concern isn't with the collections items though. Since my ex and I broke up, I have been short on money and have had to do some creative financing. Basically out of many of my car payments, I have made a total of 4 late payments in the last year or so, 3 - 30 day late, and 1 - 60 days late as well. Have any of you had success with contacting a CA to have these late payments removed from your credit report via phone?

I would much rather try that than sending in a GW letter. But I will pretty much try whatever at this point.. 

Never ever call a CA.

Read, read, and read. Don't attempt DVs or PFDs until you have all the money saved. Don't contact them and esp. don't dispute. Last thing you want to do is wake a CA up and have them sue. Remember, CA's don't always accept PFDs and they could easily ramp up collection activities if provoked.

Even if you agree with the balance due, always DV a CA before offering a PFD.

Per the car, you mentioned "CA". Did you mean "OC"? The car isn't in collections, right? Try sending a GW to the OC if you are still paying on the loan. And yes, you can call in a GW to an OC and it can work. If they tell you "no", then send more GWs and make more phone calls. YMMV on the OC.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.