cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, t's the only bad thing on my report.... SOL or how best to handle and get removed?

tag
purealoha

Question, t's the only bad thing on my report.... SOL or how best to handle and get removed?

i've never ridden in an ambulance.......... Thanks in advance.

FIN CR NETWK

$158

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question, t's the only bad thing on my report.... SOL or how best to handle and get removed?

Use the ID Theft provision of FCRA to get it excluded from your reports. Google "FCRA 605B" and read it. Its pretty clear on what needs to be done.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question, t's the only bad thing on my report.... SOL or how best to handle and get removed?

SOL are different from state to state and depending on the case, you might look up your states SOL for medical debt.

If you don't believe it's yours, ask them to validate the debt, and inform that that the debt is not yours.

I'm new to this all, so others might have better advice

Message 3 of 5
purealoha

SOL is 4 years here in CA.

in regards to the FCRA 605 you are referring to, i have no id theft report, how does this work?

Should i just call them and tell/ask them to remove??? or should i write a letter?

i need this to get removed, asap....

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You MUST write a letter to each bureau. Include proof of your identity (scan of your DL), a copy of the report highlighting the item, a written statement affirming this item was never authorized by you and may be the result of ID Theft (this can be a notarized statement for more weight), and an ID Theft Report - this can be a local police report, or an online ID Theft report via the FTC website. I think it can also be done via the FBI website, but I'm not certain.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.