Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question - who do I contact?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question - who do I contact?

I have a charge off listed on my EQ and TU credit report that should be listed as IIB and not a "charge off as bad debt" so I contacted the original creditor (local credit union) and they told me I have to contact the credit bureau because they are considered a third party now. SInce the credit union reported it inaccurately shouldn't they be the ones to fix it with the credit bureaus??  It's reported correctly on EX, but not EQ and TU.   Any advise?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Question - who do I contact?

Can you dispute it as included in BR?  If the CRA does not have that in a drop down menu you can always send them a letter disputing the way it is listed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question - who do I contact?

@guiness56 wrote:

Can you dispute it as included in BR?  If the CRA does not have that in a drop down menu you can always send them a letter disputing the way it is listed.

Thanks guiness, I will go ahead and dispute it to the CRA.  I just thought it would be faster going directly to the creditor. Do you think it will effect my score having it changed because currently it shows a balance due of $4,000 so I'm not sure if it's being included in my uti or not?

btw, I love this forum...so helpful! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.