Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question

My score went up 5 points with Experian today. Its at 590 as of today. However, my other two fico score are in the 540 range. Anyone know when they will up-date? I also paid two state liens so I guess my utilization will decrease and hopefully my score will go up some more. I need to get the score in the middle to be at 620 to qualify for a mortgage. I'm not sure what else to do besides try and get some of the 30 day lates removed. Didnt have any luck today speaking with Wells Fargo.

if you can direct me on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it. I go turned down from BoA for a secured credit card and not really sure who to apply with. I dont need any more inquires on my report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Re: Question

Cap 1 and US bank have secured cards.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also recommend SDFCU.

Message 3 of 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Rickdoc1 wrote:

My score went up 5 points with Experian today. Its at 590 as of today. However, my other two fico score are in the 540 range. Anyone know when they will up-date? I also paid two state liens so I guess my utilization will decrease and hopefully my score will go up some more. I need to get the score in the middle to be at 620 to qualify for a mortgage. I'm not sure what else to do besides try and get some of the 30 day lates removed. Didnt have any luck today speaking with Wells Fargo.

if you can direct me on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it. I go turned down from BoA for a secured credit card and not really sure who to apply with. I dont need any more inquires on my report.

FICO scores are a snapshot of your credit at a given time.    How often they change usually depends on items on your CRs changing/updating, but can also be affect by the passage of time, like increases in AAoA or old baddies falling off.  

How soon are you looking to go for a mortgage?   And what's your overall credit profile like?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am planning on getting pre-approved in Jan or Feb 2015.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.