Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question..

I just had an old medical CO dropped off my credit reports, and now my equifax score dropped 12 WTH MAN what gives? Lol at least that's what the fako credit karma says. I don't have enough information for a tu fico score yet, so in June probably I'll be buying my fico scores to see progress. But why does the score drop when negative debt like that gets removed from your report?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question..

@Anonymous wrote:
I just had an old medical CO dropped off my credit reports, and now my equifax score dropped 12 WTH MAN what gives? Lol at least that's what the fako credit karma says. I don't have enough information for a tu fico score yet, so in June probably I'll be buying my fico scores to see progress. But why does the score drop when negative debt like that gets removed from your report?

You cannot equate Fico response to any fako score. No one is going to be able to tell you why the Vantage Score dropped we dont track what makes them move. Only real Ficos matter and you need at least 1 account on file for 6 months to generate your Fico score.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I understand that. I am going to wait until June so I can generate my tu fico as well, so I can monitor all three. Let me rephrase the question. Why in general, would a credit score drop slightly with a medical CO being removed?
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It would not.

There is most likely some other change in your credit report that is causing the change.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.