Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

tag
dchrist475
New Contributor

Question

I have been reading these posts for about a month now. And I feel that I am well on my way to improving my credit score, which is at 500 right now.

I have all of my credit cards paid off, with the exception of Macy's which I owe about 1500. Since Macy's stopped reporting credit limits, my utilization jumped to about 70%. I plan to have it paid in the next three weeks. I have some thirty day lates on about 4 of my credit cards from Oct 2009 with some good will letters sent, and 3 collections with pending PFDs. All 3 collections occurred in the last 2 years. The question I have is, will I really see an immediate increase in my score if when I am done paying Macy's. My utilitzation will be about 5% at that time.

I already know that the PFDs may not happen. And the GW letters for the 30 day lates may not happen either.

Do I need to be realistic in my expectations, and wait about a year to see a significant increase in my score? Will my utilization decrease have a big impact on my score?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Re: Question

Some changes will result in an immediate jump in score. As you can see from my score posted below, my TU scores jumped up a lot, just by disputing items with the CRAs and and getting lucky with the first wave of GW letters. I still have a pile of Negs to work on, but just today I got 2 more CA's to agree to delete from my TU report. Just do your thing, and watch the scores rise....
BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.