Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question

I need some advise on who to pay first. 1. Two State Tax liens or Chase Collections. I allready have a payment arrangement on the chase account so should I pay the two tax liens. Then should I try to get them totally removed from my credit reports?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question

@Rickdoc1 wrote:

I need some advise on who to pay first. 1. Two State Tax liens or Chase Collections. I allready have a payment arrangement on the chase account so should I pay the two tax liens. Then should I try to get them totally removed from my credit reports?

Thanks

More info needed for people to help

What state are the liens?

Are you in a state that removes liens not all do?

In a payment plan on a Chase closed or open account and I assume this is not a PFD?

DofD on all accounts or tax year in question? 

Tax liens can report up to 10 years or longer in some states IIRC so a lot of info needed here

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are more specifics to my original question: 

I reside in Philadelphia.

I am in a payment plan with the collections company National Credit for defaulting on the Chase Account. The balance is $2,100.

The tax lien are for 2012 and 2013 totalling approximetly $1,300

I'm hoping I can get the tax liens paid so I qualify for a mortgage in Jan or Feb of 2015. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mortgage lender told me its better to pay off the few tax liens first then the collections account.

Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

This changes things big time 

The mortgage lender is correct a paid tax lien will help in getting you a mortgage so yes they should be first and priority....Glad I asked questions you left out a lot of details Lol

It's important when posting to give as much detail as possible to better assist you.Smiley Wink

Banks/underwriting  are hard to approve loans with tax issues.

Call either your county courthouse or the tax collectors office and ask what's the procedure to have a paid tax lien removed.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help.

Rich

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.