Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question

I have a verizon charge off thats currently showing on my report as open.How can a collection account be reporting as open and under revolving credit?

. I just called vrizon to pay them directly.The rep advised me the acct is with a collection agency and I have to pay them. The collection agency isn't showing on my report. My concern is if I pay the collection agency it will then appear on my report. 

How should I handle this.I really want to pay this off ASAP as it is still updating to the CRA  (most recently in November) and I believe it is holding my scores back. Should i pay the collection agency or not?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question

Bump

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a verizon charge off thats currently showing on my report as open.How can a collection account be reporting as open and under revolving credit?

. I just called vrizon to pay them directly.The rep advised me the acct is with a collection agency and I have to pay them. The collection agency isn't showing on my report. My concern is if I pay the collection agency it will then appear on my report. 

How should I handle this.I really want to pay this off ASAP as it is still updating to the CRA  (most recently in November) and I believe it is holding my scores back. Should i pay the collection agency or not?

I would find out who the CA is and settle with them in exchange for not reporting. Verizon can make a notation that it is a collection account or was sent to a CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.