Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

tag
Erin28
New Contributor

Question

Hey, this is getting really frustrating!!! I'm working on my hubby's credit. Thanks to fingerhut...and deleting things, his score has come waaayyyyy up in just a few months. He's sitting at TU 617 right now. Was just approved for VS, Amazon, and Overstock cards... Also, I got him the $100.00 capital one card where after 5 months of on time payments it is increased to 500 CL. What I wanna know is, why the heck can he get no other credit cards? No Quicksilver...no nothing. I've seen people with much lower scores be approved for QS. Oh... Other than the new store cards, and the capital one platinum which hasn't started reporting yet (coming up on 5 months), he has never had any kind of credit card. Thanks for any help.
Slowly, But Surely
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question

It could be in a simple way his negatives outweigh his positives. He probably has a thin file with negatives. Please dont apply for any more cards or store cards
They will come to hunt him in the very near future. Let the capital one, amazon and Overstock grow. On 6 months things will be different. What are thr baddies in his record?
Message 2 of 6
Erin28
New Contributor

He has no collections. He does have 1 PR from 2012...which was paid in 2012, but I can't get them to remove it. Truck note which was paid off , but has lates. Over A year old now. The rest is good. Fingerhut... My car note..year old, all on time... His truck note.. 1 year, all on time.
Slowly, But Surely
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

What is the PR specifically?
Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
What is the PR specifically?

+1

This in addition to.some of the lates over a year old could be major factors. It is all in each individual profile that makes the difference at times. One lender may see someone with a lower.score as less of a risk because maybe they don't have any lates, or their lates occured 6 years ago. Or income could be a factor. It can be a combo of many things.. But at times, to your point, there can seem to be not a lot of fair rhyme or reason to  a specific lender decision.

I'd say don't be discouraged by this, and keep moving forward as you have been. In time things will change and break wide open!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are his other 2 scores? And where did you get the TU score?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.