cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions About Quarterly Bill Reporting

tag
golfitup

Questions About Quarterly Bill Reporting

Hi, I have a Perkins student loan that was transferred to AMS Serving Group. I have started making payments on it after using up my post-school deferrment period. On my Equifax CR it shows the Terms Frequency as being Quarterly (due every 3 months).

How can I best use this loan to raise my credit score? Will making payments every month instead of quarterly report each month as a positive, thus raising my score each month? (will it report to the CB's each month or only quarterly?)

Thanks!

Rome wasn't build in a day, and apparently the same could be said for my credit . . . lol
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Questions About Quarterly Bill Reporting

@golfitup wrote:

Hi, I have a Perkins student loan that was transferred to AMS Serving Group. I have started making payments on it after using up my post-school deferrment period. On my Equifax CR it shows the Terms Frequency as being Quarterly (due every 3 months).

How can I best use this loan to raise my credit score? Will making payments every month instead of quarterly report each month as a positive, thus raising my score each month? (will it report to the CB's each month or only quarterly?)

Thanks!

Hi golfitup and welcome to the forums!!!!!! It looks like they only report every 3 months. I would call them to verify. 

DaBears

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.