Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Galore!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions Galore!!!

a) I am really desperate to rectify my credit. I am reading on the forums that you can find the date when the accounts are suppose to drop off.. Where can i get this info? Is it available through myfico?

b) My second question is that i recently paid off my old credit card balance. It is still showing as Bad Debt or charge off with the both the original bank and the debt collection agency! How can i get this rectified.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions Galore!!!

jainase wrote:

a) I am really desperate to rectify my credit. I am reading on the forums that you can find the date when the accounts are suppose to drop off.. Where can i get this info? Is it available through myfico?

b) My second question is that i recently paid off my old credit card balance. It is still showing as Bad Debt or charge off with the both the original bank and the debt collection agency! How can i get this rectified.

Thanks

a) You can find drop off dates listed on the CRs pulled directly through each CRA. Third-party reports lack this info. EX and TU list the drop off dates for most baddies and EQ doesn't have a drop off date, but you can add 7 yrs to the listed DOFD.

b) Sounds like it is reporting correctly. Did you pay without a PFD agreement? If so, then your only option is to send a GW letter. Send one to the CA asking them to delete. You would have stuck anyway for the OC because a PFD to the CA wouldn't have deleted the OC. Look at the age of the OC. If the age of this account is older than your AAoA, then send a GW letter asking them to remove the baddie references like "charge-off" and the lates. If this account is younger than your AAoA, ask them to delete.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.