Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions... Rebuilding for a mortgage

tag
MAST240

Questions... Rebuilding for a mortgage

Hello all,

So my wife and i have been trying to rebuild for a mortgage. We have paid off all collections (just paid the last one off on monday)... started with 16 collections, and finally paid them all off. The majority of them were settlements, so i can try GW's, but i'm not sure if they will work.

What is really drawing on me right now, is payment history. I have had multiple car loans in the past (all paid), and some of them had a late payment here or there. The one thing that really hurt me, was my military star card (a credit card for military members to use on base)... i was based somewhere that i couldn't easily get to a base to pay it, and because of a mix up with payments years ago, they will only allow me to make payments in person. So what ended up happeneing for two years, is the card would go 90 days past, and then they would pull it from my paycheck... so needless to say, that hurt.

I have now been able to pay it regularly for the last 2 months, and should be able to continue from now on. All my payments are current as of now, and i sure as hell intend to keep it that way.

My middle score last month (pulled by a mortgage broker) was 530. This was before all collections were paid off. 

My question is... How long will it take to raise my score to 630 (min required for VA loan)? and what else can i do to help raise my score? any other advice from some of the experts here would really be appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.