Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about PFDs...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about PFDs...

Hi all,

I have two collections, one with CMI (Credit Management) and the other with Real Time Resolutions.

I want to PFD and this will be my first attempt. Are these CA's known for being PFD-friendly?

Also, I have another account which was charged off but still with the original creditor. Can I PFD an OC? Or does that just work with CA's?

Lastly, IF these PFD attempts do not work, what should I do? Will it at least help to pay or settle the accounts anyway?

Thanks! Looking to have clean reports in the next 90 days!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about PFDs...

I don't know if they in particular are friendly with this, but it is worth a try. If it doesn't work, I'd try multiple times. Then, if still a no go, paying it off doesn't really raise your score, but in theory it looks better to any potential lenders who see it on the report.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about PFDs...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I have two collections, one with CMI (Credit Management) and the other with Real Time Resolutions.

I want to PFD and this will be my first attempt. Are these CA's known for being PFD-friendly?

Also, I have another account which was charged off but still with the original creditor. Can I PFD an OC? Or does that just work with CA's?

Lastly, IF these PFD attempts do not work, what should I do? Will it at least help to pay or settle the accounts anyway?

Thanks! Looking to have clean reports in the next 90 days!

You would have to ask them if they would do a PFD. If not, you could pay them and start a GW campaign.

Call the OC of the chargeoff and ask if you can pay them. They may have already sold the debt but the CA hasn't got around to reporting yet. If they sold the debt they will not take payment.

You can offer a PFD to anyone you want that's reporting. OC and CA. 

I would suggest calling the OC of the chargeoff first. You want to get that taken care of before it's sold, and if it is sold find out who the CA is and pay them before they report. And you want to make sure they don't report once you pay them

You don't want both the OC and a CA reporting on the chargeoff.

If no one will do a PFD, pay them and then immediately start a GW campaign.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.