cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Texas resident and paid collection.

tag
DOHCrazy
Established Member

Questions about Texas resident and paid collection.

I live in Texas. 

Currently trying to get the last negative mark off of my credit. Amount is $260 and was from me being ignorant in college. I have since secured a solid career and am getting everything on track. 

OC was Suddenlink. Bill was for equipment that was not returned. 

CA was Credit Protection Association here in Dallas, TX. DOFD was 03/2009.

After no luck with PFDs, I decided to pay the bill in full and move forward with GW letters. Unfortunately, I did not read about the Texas collection laws before hand, and now the account has been paid in full. I have contacted both CPA and Suddenlink via phone, and although both companies have been very polite on the phone, neither has been able to delete. 

I did write a GW letter to both Suddenlink and CPA and have mailed it and faxed it. Any help with email addresses would be awesome! The CPA office is ~10 minutes from where I live/work; any sense in going there in person and begging?

At this point, am I doing everything I can do?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Questions about Texas resident and paid collection.

If you had filed a request for validation under the TX financial code, that would have entitled you to a response within 30 days.

If they validated, they would be under no cease collection or CR deletion requirement, so not having sent the request most likely did not effect the outcome.

I wuld not fret over not having sent a TX debt validation request on a valid debt.

At this point, GW is your avenue.

In my opinion, personal pleas may help, particularly if made to an upper management official.

If they have a no-PFD policy, they may also have a no-GW deletion policy, which underlings may be compelled to follow.

Mnagement sets such policies, and has the authority to grant exceptions.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.