Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about my Credit Report..

tag
Wonderyears
New Contributor

Questions about my Credit Report..

Hello all!

I have been content with my scores and report, but I am quite certain my report isn't correct.

I am afraid to rock the boat, however, as my scores have been decent.

Per myFICO, my TU was 715 and EQ 761 on 12/12/12. TU shows a judgment from 2010 which I am currently satisfying in full.

Shows my oldest acct 13yrs, 4mo and avg acct 9 yrs.

I had no credit cards between 2005-and late this year (Cap 1 Plat in Oct, Walmart and Citi Diamond Pref this month).

My accounts here are all listed as satisfactory. Should I be concerned about any of the following?

I have an old BOA card opened in 2002, closed in 2005 - reason says card lost or stolen. Says current status is "unrated?" It only shows "unrated" on TU, all other accounts on both reports shows "paid or paying as agreed(this includes this BOA acct on EQ)"

Another BOA card is shown opened in March 2007(def not me). DOLA March 2011, date closed March 2010?? Shows all ok payments, minus 2 30 lates, one in Apr and May 2010. This, outside of the judgment, is the only red flag on my reports.

2 other accounts, both HSBC, opened in Nov 2006. One shows closed in Feb 2008-card lost or stolen, the other closed in Jun 2007 and just says closed.

All accounts report a $0 balance.

The address of my late father, of the same name, is on my reports. This I noticed on my CR from annualcreditreport April. Could that play a role? I'm unsure of any accounts he had. But he passed in early 2009, before some activity is documented.

My main concern is that I don't want to jeopardize my main goal of first time home ownership this spring/ summer. Want to keep my scores up, but also be ok whenever scrutinized under manual review.

Any thoughts, advice? Any other info needed, just ask!

Thanks again!

myFico TU-715 EQ-778 (01.14.2013) WalmartTU-664 (12.12.12))

LENDER PULL EQ-766 EX-779 TU-713 (12.20.2012)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Wonderyears
New Contributor

Re: Questions about my Credit Report..

Shameless bump. Just trying to make sense of my report
myFico TU-715 EQ-778 (01.14.2013) WalmartTU-664 (12.12.12))

LENDER PULL EQ-766 EX-779 TU-713 (12.20.2012)
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

First, I would call the office of the clerk of the judgment court and have a chat about their court's policy on entertaining motions to vacate a judgment based on its satisfaction.

Some courts will grant such motions, while others require a showing of some legal or procedural defect in the judgment itself.  The clerk of the court should be able to advise on the general procedures and precedent of their court.

Second, the BOA account stated as "definately not mine."  While not in and of itself a big score killer, as the only derogs are minor and over two years, nonetheless if it is not yours, there is no telling what might pop up.  I would pursue its entire deleltion from my credit file.

There are procedures, but vary depending upon the basis for asserting "not mine." 

It might, for example, be addressed by the FCRA identity theft process, which can secure exclusion if you file a police report asserting identity theft.

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 on contacting the court where the judgement was filed to see about getting it vacated or put aside.  Some courts will do this, others won't.  Just depends on that particular court system's policies.

As far as the account that's possibly you're fathers.  There are dispute processes with each CRA that addresses this matter.  I'm not sure I'd file identity theft, as I don't think this is the case.  It's probably just your father's info crossing over to your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.