cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about raising score with CC Pt2, Can a company take your sec deposit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about raising score with CC Pt2, Can a company take your sec deposit?

Hello again and here are the rest of my questions.

Does having multiple secured and low limit credit cards, if they are the same age, help your score?   I understand that credit utilization plays a large part in your score.  I ask this because I noticed on the credit simulator on Credit Karma that if you get a credit card (no option for more than one) it would raise my score about 30 points.  But when the credit limit on the card exceeded approx. $9,000 it added around 55 points to my score.

My last question.  Looking at a number of lists for bad credit CC both secured and unsecured I noticed some of them are from issuers that I had cards from.  Unfortunately, I or my business are in default on them.  Most are in the business name but I personally guaranteed them. 

Will these companies still issue me a card?  If they do issue me a secured card can they then take my security deposit because I or my business owes them money?  I think it's called their right of setoff, I think, but am not sure how the process works or if it has any limitations.

Again, everyone thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Questions about raising score with CC Pt2, Can a company take your sec deposit?

IMHO, if your past credit history with a "new", prospecrtive request for credit is still in their files, and you still have unpaid debt with them, I think the answer would be obvious. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.