cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions & Advice about LVNV

tag
Christine2013

Questions & Advice about LVNV

I just signed up for myfico. I can account for everything on my accounts except the company LVNV. I've read many different suggestions about how to handle the company. I was wondering if I decided to send a Debt Validation Letter what address do I send it to? There is no contact information provided by Equifax. The only thing I can find on their website is a phone number. Most of the things I've read say they've received a letter.  I really am not sure where it came from... But if I had to guess maybe 5/3rd (checking?) account (in Ohio) I had in 2011. I am not sure what type of account this would count as to know if the statue of limitations has run out. I also REALLY think I already paid this. It says Date of Last Activity 2011 But says the Date opened as Jan. 2013. I also have read that some people have sent DV letters and ended up getting subpoenaed or having to pay legal fees. The amount owed is a pretty small amount and I don't want to end up paying more or worse getting sued. Should I send a letter? Should I call the number provided on the website? Should I dispute it with Experian?

I appreciate any advice or insights anyone has to offer!!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kelliz

Re: Questions & Advice about LVNV

Look them up on BBB.com, I found there address there. I had no luck with them though. 

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 569
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Pull your CR from www.annualcreditreport.com  .  It's free and has a more detailed report.  LVNV is a CA, and they are collecting for something.  You say it's a small amount, so if you were served, you could pay it and prevent a judgement.

I don't currently have a good address for LVNV, but you can search them here, or make a post requesting contact information.  Have you never received a dunning notice?  If not, then you should send a DV, it would be considered timely if you've not received a dunning notice in the past.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
Christine2013

Thanks for the advice... I called and was pleasantly surprised. Despite the inpatient representative, I was informed that I didn't not have an account with Lvnv and it was on my report in error. Should be off in 8-10 business days.
Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.