Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for a friend.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions for a friend.....

This might not be the right place for this but a friend friend and I were talking about my credit and she said something about hers that made me laugh but I told her I would ask the question here because y'all might have some ideas for her. 

First, my friend is very OCD about paying her bills. Does not like to Carry any type of balance on her CC's. If her bills are not paid several days before the due dates.....she starts to get anxious. So the fact that she does not have a Perfect Credit Score drives her absolutely nuts. I think she said she is in the 795 range. (Oh How I would love to have that!!!)

Anyway, her Only Ding on her credit report is a short sale of her condo that happened August 2011. I think the DOFD was sometime in 2010. She needed to sell her house and was "underwater" because she had bought at the height of the Real Estate boom. Her accountant and her realtor told her a short sale was the way to go. After the Sale, She was told to pay the bank $XXXX and the bank would consider the mortgage as Paid in Full.  Her CR's reflect this.

She also is listed as an authorized user on her Significant other's Credit Card. She did not want to be listed but he put her on it without her permission. He carries a balance on the CC. She jokes that thinking about the balance makes her hands sweaty. He is not late on making payments but the balance makes her nervous. She wants to get off of that.

Her Credit Profile is this:

• 3 or 4 CC in her name.
  • UTIL under 3%
  • Paid off Car loan
  • No Late payments on anything other than the ones from the short sale back in 2011.
  • No Installment loans.
  • Auth user on the SO's CC.

So my questions are:

1. What can she do to squeak out those last few points to get a perfect credit rating? 
  2. What can she do to get off as the Auth User of teh SO's CC? Can she just call the CC company and say....I never requested this take me off?
  3. Can she request an early exclusion for the short sale?
  4. Should she GW letter trying to get the lates from the SS off?
  5. Do I need to look at her reports to see what else might be holding her back?

Thanks,

Solo

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions for a friend.....

@Anonymous wrote:

This might not be the right place for this but a friend friend and I were talking about my credit and she said something about hers that made me laugh but I told her I would ask the question here because y'all might have some ideas for her. 

First, my friend is very OCD about paying her bills. Does not like to Carry any type of balance on her CC's. If her bills are not paid several days before the due dates.....she starts to get anxious. So the fact that she does not have a Perfect Credit Score drives her absolutely nuts. I think she said she is in the 795 range. (Oh How I would love to have that!!!)

Anyway, her Only Ding on her credit report is a short sale of her condo that happened August 2011. I think the DOFD was sometime in 2010. She needed to sell her house and was "underwater" because she had bought at the height of the Real Estate boom. Her accountant and her realtor told her a short sale was the way to go. After the Sale, She was told to pay the bank $XXXX and the bank would consider the mortgage as Paid in Full.  Her CR's reflect this.

She also is listed as an authorized user on her Significant other's Credit Card. She did not want to be listed but he put her on it without her permission. He carries a balance on the CC. She jokes that thinking about the balance makes her hands sweaty. He is not late on making payments but the balance makes her nervous. She wants to get off of that.

Her Credit Profile is this:

• 3 or 4 CC in her name.
  • UTIL under 3%
  • Paid off Car loan
  • No Late payments on anything other than the ones from the short sale back in 2011.
  • No Installment loans.
  • Auth user on the SO's CC.

So my questions are:

1. What can she do to squeak out those last few points to get a perfect credit rating? 
  2. What can she do to get off as the Auth User of teh SO's CC? Can she just call the CC company and say....I never requested this take me off?
  3. Can she request an early exclusion for the short sale?
  4. Should she GW letter trying to get the lates from the SS off?
  5. Do I need to look at her reports to see what else might be holding her back?

Thanks,

Solo

Maybe adding a small personal loan will add to the credit mix portion of the credit score, because she has no "installment" loans that might be why she is just shy of the 800 club...also maybe look at GW letters for that short sale....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

She can request to be removed as AU from the card if her SO doesn't.
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

As already suggested, a secured personal loan to add to the maix scoring.of credit mix would help. If she could get that ding off of her report that would be great. In a strange way, if the 3% utilization is due to her significant other's card, it actually may be helping her score. You lose points for all cards reoorting zero balance.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.