Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions from a Newbie...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions from a Newbie...

So, am in the process of cleaning up credit. Doing myself and hubby at the same time, gets very confusing. We both had the same medical collections on our reports, 8 of them from one hospital provider, thankfully I called the business office and asked if they would take the collections back, she said no, but to write her a letter explaining our circimstances and submit income proof, I did and 3 weeks later I got a letter that said 100% back coverage from 2 yrs. Out of the 8 one was from 2010. Today I noticed on ck that the ca removed 4 of them off the credit bureaus, whoo whoo, this credit collection does not remove off your report, so am shocked to say the least. When I called them after we got the approval letter and said we had 8, one only outside of the 2 yr mark, she said the hospital sent her 4 and to check back in a few weeks,. Not sure If I call the hospital billing, or call the collection agency to check on the others. Also, I paid a settlement from Asset Recovery Systems, the debt from Credit One cc, I wanted to know where to go for this one, they havent reported, its only been 7 days she said to call her back in a month for a release letter? She said she tells the client credit one of settlement, any ideas? Its not in the collections of the report but its listed as closed account Bad debt. I had a suspicion that if I didnt pay this they were going to do a judgement,. I also am paying a 1376.00 judgement that balance has to be paid by aug 25, its from midland, they are ruthless but it was 4500 down to 1376 so it is what it is the ten year on that happens in 2017, the one shocker is with the 4 collections being removed the score only went up 1 point. I was going to pay off 2 more after the above payment but it doesnt seem to help much. Hmm, any sugesstions is welcomed. Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions from a Newbie...

Hello Abby and welcome to MyFico. I'll let you know that this site has been extremely beneficial in my quest to clear up credit issues.

Based on your summary, it looks like you are doing things right.  I can't offer any advice on medical collections so hopefully someone else with experience will chime in. It seems like this is a company willing to work with debtors which is rare today.

Your score will likely not be increased substantially until you hit a new bucket for negatives. Some people may say that all negatives need to be removed for a large increase but I believe the scoring system uses buckets. 0: Excellent 1-2: Poor 3+: Very Poor. The age of the collection item will also factor into your score.

Attempt a goodwill letter with Credit One and explain the situation that led to your charge off. Search the history for topics related to goodwill and credit one to see if this has been successful for other members.

I wish I could offer more advice but I'm new to rebuilding as well.

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 7
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Welcome 2 the forum... you are defintely in the right place to get all needed info for a rebuild...Good Luck !! I'll let the experts weigh in here....

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your reply, I am searching credit one now.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply, I am searching credit one now.

Also your scores will not rise much if you are not actively building new credit. You need to establish three revolving account minimum to push your scores up.

What are your current scores and where are you getting them from?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Have 3 cards, Cap 1, merrick bank, victoria secret. score is 606 tu, 586 equifax. There is still 7 collections soon to be dealt with. 2 small medical collections175.00 she  said she will remove once paid so soon down to one collection left. Plus the 4 medical pending removal from the hospital and the columbia collections.  But I do know the cards are maxed out, Not the victoria secret -0 bal. but still 1200 in high balance. I want to just get rid of what I can first then I will pay down the cards, were not needing credit at all, not trying to buy a house or a car or anything. My goal is to clean the collections and never get another judgment again, I was thinking the the credit one was getting ready so thankfully she offered a good settlement which has been paid. So now my main concern is to pay the midland judgement off, which was aspire visa, 300 turned over 4k,  not much time to come up with the 1200 left so going to concentrate on that, then tackle the rest of the collections, then pay the cards down. Sound like a plan? Thank you for your reply.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Have 3 cards, Cap 1, merrick bank, victoria secret. score is 606 tu, 586 equifax. There is still 7 collections soon to be dealt with. 2 small medical collections175.00 she  said she will remove once paid so soon down to one collection left. Plus the 4 medical pending removal from the hospital and the columbia collections.  But I do know the cards are maxed out, Not the victoria secret -0 bal. but still 1200 in high balance. I want to just get rid of what I can first then I will pay down the cards, were not needing credit at all, not trying to buy a house or a car or anything. My goal is to clean the collections and never get another judgment again, I was thinking the the credit one was getting ready so thankfully she offered a good settlement which has been paid. So now my main concern is to pay the midland judgement off, which was aspire visa, 300 turned over 4k,  not much time to come up with the 1200 left so going to concentrate on that, then tackle the rest of the collections, then pay the cards down. Sound like a plan? Thank you for your reply.

Sounds like you have a very good plan.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.